Two years ago when I started blogging, the main purpose was to keep track of all my knitting and loom knitting projects. Soon, it evolved into something more personal, I started sharing more about my personal life, my past, and even some of my future plans. At first it didn't occurred to me that I will be meeting people and actually interacting with them, or even traveling just to meet some of them. As I hopped from blog to blog, I realized that I visited some to cheer me up, others to gain knowledge, and others to receive inspiration. It appears that I am not the only one, many of the blogs out there have something that makes our minds go "bling" and others that make our hearts pump a little faster.
I was surprised and overjoyed when I saw that Kim aka ChefMessy had nomitated me as one of those blogs that made her mind go "bling". It is with a humble heart that I receive the nomination of the Thinking Blogger Award and it is with a full heart that I spread the Blog Love with the following nominations. Thank you Kim for nominating me and most importantly for making me feel special!
The participation rules are:
- If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
- Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
- Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote. Click here for the buttons: Gold Version, Silver Version
Just like every other nominee out there, I had a difficult time too choosing only 5 from my evergrowing bloglines list. Without further delay, my list of nominees are:
1. Now Norma Knits : Norma is one of those special human beings whom you feel at home the moment you meet/chat with her. She has a love for others that comes through with every email; even if she is being a smarty pants. She has a huge heart that gives her a glow of goodness--don't let her fool ya. She inspires me everyday with her charity knitting and her kindness towards others.
2. Knit Together Wonderfuly Made: Lynda's blog is full of light and cheerfulness. She sends you a little note when you least expect it bringing you a bit of sunshine and a smile. Her blog is happy and even when her knitting is not going her way, she sees the silver lining.
3. BrooklynTweed: His work is amazing: knitting and photographs! His knitting is beautiful and I admit, it makes me green with envy. I highly doubt he even knows of me but his entries never go unnoticed on this little corner of the world. I even pull hubby to come and see his creations. Inspirational for sure!
4. Purling Dervish: Stacey--she is a such a sweetheart (despite her making me crazy with all the different themes on her blog). She tries to fool us all with a mean streak but the truth is that she is just awesome. She inspires me to keep on knitting--even when I have burned my little paw, why you ask? Well, this gal just had her paw injury and when she was faced with the possibility of not being able to knit with needles for a few weeks/months, she decided that she wasn't going to let that stop her
yarn buying habits crafting, she took a knitting loom and decided to give it a try. Her enthusiasm and her determination in life makes her blog one of the first blogs I check every day. She is an inspiration to me.
5. TechKnitting: I recently discovered this blog and there is only one word to describe it--WOW! She prepares each of her entries carefully and with a lot of detail. Her posts have helped me greatly in getting a better understanding of certain techniques.
Again, I want to say that making my list was a difficult task, I wanted to mention so many people and others whom have already been nominated. I thank you Kim for giving me the chance to mention those bloggers whom I find special and who touch my life and my heart.
Happy knitting everyone!