The Buttoned Up hat is a simple hat that is made spectacular with a simply button on one of the sides. The brim/cuff is knit as a flat panel and then this flat panel is secured with a decorative button. The crown is worked in flat panels to create a non-bulky top.
- Yarn: 75 yards of Chunky Weight acrylic blend yarn. Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky was used in sample (1/2 skein) in Charcoal. 5oz/140g, (153yd/140m), 80% acrylic, 20% wool.
- Loom: Purple Round Knifty Knitter Loom (48 pegs)
- Notions: Knitting Tool, Tapestry Needle, cable needle/or stitch holder
- Other: Button for decoration
- Gauge: 13sts and 22 rows=4 inches in stockinette stitch
- Size: Fits up to 20 inch head circumference. 8 inches from cast on edge to crown
- Skills Knowledge: knit stitch, purl stitch, flat panel knitting, k2tog, ssk (tutorial on the k2tog and ssk included)